Middle Schools :
1. The reconfiguration to middle schools should be viewed as an opportunity to allow restructuring both in organization and program delivery.
2. The students academic, emotional and social development will be at the center of the decision making process.
3. The middle school experience should provide an environment in which students develop a realistic and positive self-image as well as explore their aptitudes, interests, and special talents.
4. The middle school experience should enhance the students ability to develop positive peer relationships and coping skills.
5. The middle school experience should enhance the students ability to gain and understanding of the physical, social and emotional changes that they will experience during this period of change.
6. The middle school experience should prepare students for their transition to high school, helping them to assume a greater responsibility for their own future.
7. The middle school experience should foster a sense of belonging to a small community of learners while maintaining the advantages of size and program diversity.